Skip to main content

China Travel Diary: Day 4

So in that day, we started exploring Hang zhou. Hang zhou is a beautiful city in the capital of Zhejiang province. The city's West Lake is its best-known attraction. 

We started our day by going to the West Lake (in chinese: 西湖,xī hú), which is a freshwater lake in Hangzhou. Numerous temples, pagodas, gardens, and artificial islands are found within the lake. This lake was made as a UNESCO heritage sites in 2011.

I took a boat, to stroll around the lake
The view from my boat


From the lake, we went to the Yue Fei temple which is located near the lake. This temple was built in honour of Yue Fei, a general of the Southern Song Dynasty who fought against the Jurchen Jin Dynasty during the Jin-song wars. 


Me in front of the statue of Yue Fei 

This is the statues of Lady Wang and Qin hui 

And this is the statues of Moqi Xie and Zhang Jun.

This is the Kneeling Iron statues. So basically, there was a long history for this incident. A novel about this incident, titled Dong Chuang Ji (東窗記; "Tale of the Eastern Window") was written during the Ming Dynasty by an anonymous writer. 

Yue Fei was accused and conspired, and put to death. Because these four people took part in Yue Fei's death, their statues were made to kneel before the Yue Fei's tomb. These statues have been spat, cursed, hit, kicked, and even urinated by people because of the hatred towards them.


Yue Fei's tomb in front of the four statues. 

Then, after our visit to Yue Fei temple, we walked out, and had a lunch. 

As I told you, Hang Zhou is a very beautiful city. The view when you are walking throught the streets of Hang Zhou are breathtaking. These are the photos which I took when we were walking. 

(Still in the temple's area) 

The streets (outside the temple) 




After we finished our lunch, we went to visit Leifeng Pagoda. 

The real pagoda collapsed in 1924, but it was rebuilt in 2002. 



This is the original pagoda that collapsed

We went inside and up the pagoda, and went to the balcony (I forgot which floor the balcony is) but the view from the balcony was amazingggggg! 

 


As you go down, there's also a carving (not sure if it is a carving but it looks like one) that will show you the story of Bai shu zhen. 

Then we went down the pagoda, and I found a very nice spot to take photo. So.. I took a photo while waiting for the others to come. 


From the Leifeng pagoda, we went on to try Long Jing tea, which is famous in China, and it has so many benefits for us! 

After drinking the tea, we were heading to another city, Suzhou. Our day 4 journey stops here, as it was night already when we reached Suzhou, so we had our dinner, and went back to hotel to take a rest. 

See you on my next post people! ~ 

Comments

  1. great pictures! <3
    let's follow each other! let me know, and i will follow back :)

    xx
    Linda Natawiria
    lindanatawiria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics! :)

    http://ivankawu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great holiday, wish be there someday !

    Chic Swank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice trip!❤

    a-cupofrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and leaving a sweet comments on my blog <3 :)

Popular posts from this blog

China Travel Diary: Day 7

Hello everyone. I am glad that I finally got my wifi back, which means that I am finally able to write through my laptop. I had been writing through my phone, and it was very inconvenient. So here it is! The 2nd day of my trip in Beijing!  It was a very cold day. It was -2 degrees in the morning. I don't post so much photos in this post because I could barely move during that day. I was not able to took off my gloves and took picture. I know I am able to took it with my gloves on, but my gloves was too thick and slippery, and taking off the gloves would mean that I am torturing myself with the cold. I also don't really take much photos of myself there, because, well... It was so cold that my whole body feel numb, especially my nose, and I could not even feel that there were unstoppable snots coming out of my nose. lol. My nose also turns red, like a Rudolph. So all of you must promise me that you will not laugh when seeing my face in thi

Black and White

Hello everyone, I am really sorry for the super duper long hiatus, I know that I have promised all of you that I will post a lot in this holiday. I actually went out to so many malls this holiday, but since my parents told me that we were going to Singapore, so I decided to save all of my good clothes and took a photoshoot there, as there would be sooo many good spots in Singapore. So hereee it is. I took these photos at Marina Bay Sands Sky Park. I was actually telling my mom something and pointed at it, but she took this photo lol. And those who had leave a veryyy nice comments on my blog, thank you a lot! I really appreciate it, and I am really sorry that I can't reply them one by one. I loveeee youuuu readerssssss! <3 Had a tea time at ION Sky restaurant! Bershka top Stradivarius skirt Topshop lace socks Vans shoes Lady Dior Mini bag Follow me on instagram: vania_irene See you on my next post!

Bittersweet

Hello everyone! Happy friendship day! When I say the word 'friendship', what pops out in your mind? For me, friendship is not about the person you've known the longest, but it is who come, and never leave. I don't really have a lot of friends, I must admit. But I have a few super close one!!! For me, it is more important to have a few close and real one, rather than a lot but fake. :) These friends have seen my bad and good sides. They've seen my true colours, and accept all of my imperfections. They accept me whoever I am. To all of my friend who's reading this, thank you so much for being my friend. You will never know how grateful I am to have you in my life. I know that later, we will go into a different paths in our life, and I do believe that there is good bye in every hello. BUT, I will never forget all the good deeds that you've done for me! Thank you so much for filling my present life with happiness! Love you ;) Cotton On d