Skip to main content

China Travel Diary: Day 6

So Hello everyone. I am going to continue my Travel Diary now. Hope you guys enjoy <3

On the 6th day, we were heading to Beijing from Wuxi by bullet train. It takes approximately 8 hours if I am not mistaken. It would be much more faster by plane, but going with plane is less desirable during winter because of the constant delay due to bad weather. 

We woke up early that day so we were able to reach Beijing earlier and visit some of our destinations. We had lunch in the train (there is a canteen at the train), but it was not appetising for me. Perhaps because I was super tired for having lack of sleep. 

After we arrived at the station in Beijing, we had a super long journey. Firstly, the escalator was not functioning, so we had to carry our heavy luggage all the way down the stairs (exercise in the morning, eh?). I tried to help my parents and was hit by someone carrying their heavy luggage from the back. My luggage fell down but luckily I'm saved. Secondly, the walk from the station to the place where our bus waits is also far. So we decided to buy some food from the restaurants in the station. We walked quite a long journey, and lots of complaining happens. You know, we Indonesians hate walking. Lol. We felt so happy when we reached the bus. Then, we ate the food which was bought in the station earlier.

We were heading to the Temple of Heaven. I was not paying attention when my tour guide was explaining what is it about, so I am gonna take the information from Wikipedia. Pardon me for being lazy. 

Temple of Heaven, also known as the Altar of Heaven, was visited by the emperors of Qing and Ming dynasties for annual ceremonies of prayer to Heaven, in hope of a good harvest. 



This is what is inside the Hall of Prayer for good harvest. 



This place is used by people to relax themselves in the evening. They will usually play mahjong, tennis, cards, etc. You can see it from the picture above. They were having so much fun. 

From the Temple of Heaven, we went to watch acrobatic show. I am going to show you some picture of the show. 



This is the one that impress me the most.  More than 5 motorcyles enter this circular thingy. I was super tensed during this show. 

After the show, I went to buy ice cream. I know its crazy because the temperature was -2 degree celcius, but, it tasted good. The good thing about it is that the ice cream will not melt. This is such an advantage for a slow eater like me. (Whenever I eat ice cream, it always melts before I managed to finished it. Pathetic, huh?) 


Unlucky for me, the ice cream fell down while I was eating it. But I managed to finish half of the ice cream :P 

After that, we went to have dinner and went to our hotel, and our journey stops here. Thank you for reading my Travel Diary! <3 Gonna post the day 7 as soon as possible! 

---------------------------------------------------

Follow me on instagram: vania_irene

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and leaving a sweet comments on my blog <3 :)

Popular posts from this blog

China Travel Diary: Day 7

Hello everyone. I am glad that I finally got my wifi back, which means that I am finally able to write through my laptop. I had been writing through my phone, and it was very inconvenient. So here it is! The 2nd day of my trip in Beijing!  It was a very cold day. It was -2 degrees in the morning. I don't post so much photos in this post because I could barely move during that day. I was not able to took off my gloves and took picture. I know I am able to took it with my gloves on, but my gloves was too thick and slippery, and taking off the gloves would mean that I am torturing myself with the cold. I also don't really take much photos of myself there, because, well... It was so cold that my whole body feel numb, especially my nose, and I could not even feel that there were unstoppable snots coming out of my nose. lol. My nose also turns red, like a Rudolph. So all of you must promise me that you will not laugh when seeing my face in thi

Black and White

Hello everyone, I am really sorry for the super duper long hiatus, I know that I have promised all of you that I will post a lot in this holiday. I actually went out to so many malls this holiday, but since my parents told me that we were going to Singapore, so I decided to save all of my good clothes and took a photoshoot there, as there would be sooo many good spots in Singapore. So hereee it is. I took these photos at Marina Bay Sands Sky Park. I was actually telling my mom something and pointed at it, but she took this photo lol. And those who had leave a veryyy nice comments on my blog, thank you a lot! I really appreciate it, and I am really sorry that I can't reply them one by one. I loveeee youuuu readerssssss! <3 Had a tea time at ION Sky restaurant! Bershka top Stradivarius skirt Topshop lace socks Vans shoes Lady Dior Mini bag Follow me on instagram: vania_irene See you on my next post!

Bittersweet

Hello everyone! Happy friendship day! When I say the word 'friendship', what pops out in your mind? For me, friendship is not about the person you've known the longest, but it is who come, and never leave. I don't really have a lot of friends, I must admit. But I have a few super close one!!! For me, it is more important to have a few close and real one, rather than a lot but fake. :) These friends have seen my bad and good sides. They've seen my true colours, and accept all of my imperfections. They accept me whoever I am. To all of my friend who's reading this, thank you so much for being my friend. You will never know how grateful I am to have you in my life. I know that later, we will go into a different paths in our life, and I do believe that there is good bye in every hello. BUT, I will never forget all the good deeds that you've done for me! Thank you so much for filling my present life with happiness! Love you ;) Cotton On d