Skip to main content

Nautical


I had no extra class yesterday (Saturday), so I  finally decided to take outfit photos, and update my blog >,< yay.


In this post, I am going to share my experience as a fashion blogger so far, because I have quite lot of stories to tell. This blog has been running since December 2013, and now, it is 2015, it is almost 2 years.

When everyone asked me the reason of starting a blog, well... I have no idea at all. I started my blog just out of the blue. It was an odd idea for me to have myself a blog, because well, everyone in my class considered me as a 'quiet' person. And also, I didn't like 'reveal' myself too much to everyone.

Back then, I stumbled upon a lot of fashion blogger's blog, and my first impression was like "wow...". I was awed by their mix-matching skills, and their beauty, of course. I also love it how they pour their experiences, feelings, and everything into one post. Not sure what was going through my head that time, I finally decided to make a blog! I thought that it was fun to share my own experiences and feelings and everything to everyone around the world, and I am correct. It is indeed fun.

My first thought after writing a blog was "Should I tell my friend about this?", "What will happen if they found out?", "Will they tease me?", and many thoughts of similar kind. But then I asked myself. If they are not the one who will read, who else? I also told myself that it is okay to be different from everyone in my class. And finally, yes, some of my friends know the presence of my blog.



If you are reading my blog from the very beginning, then you have gone through a lot of things with me. From the time I used my phone camera to take outfit photos, then to pocket camera, and now to DSLR camera. From the time I had my ugly flat and very straight black hair, then my curly permed hair, and now back to my straight, brown hair. Yes, a lot of things happens in almost 2 years. I will be fun to see the changes in me after the next 5 or maybe 10 years.


I still remember the first time I wrote my blog. I would be sooo happy when I received a very nice and kind comments, and  knowing the fact that people from other countries and continents read my blog, drove me into an infinite ecstasy. Lol.

Being a blogger, gave me lots of new experiences. I got new friends of the same interest, got a chance to advertise a product >,<, and many moreeee.

People around me will also ask me an outfit-related questions. When one of my friend told me that she will go through my ootd photos on my instagram before going to a shopping so that she will have an idea as to what to buy, it makes me happy. When my mom asked me which tops/skirts matches her outfit, it makes me happy. When my friend asked me an outfit recommendation for going to a mall or any occasion, and she actually wore it, it makes me happy. A lot of things makes me happy. Thank you everyone for the never ending support! :3


This is a pure candid lol.


When most of everyone I know discovered my blog, they sure gave me a lot of comments. My close friends were very supportive, but the people who barely knows me, gave a lot of negative comments. They said that I was seeking for fame, and some said that I am norak or lebay, whatever you wish. The most insolent comment that I received is that they said that I dress up like a slut. Please, control your words before regurgitating it out of your brain. Your words show your ignorance lol.

Just to be honest, I did feel down after receiving those comments, despite all the positive supports around me. I even thought of deactivating my blog, but I was glad that I didn't. It will probably be the worst decision that I ever made. 



Details :)
  • Bershka blazer, shirt, and heels
  • Stradivarius skirt
  • Charles & Keith bag
  • Juicy couture bracelet
  • Burberry watch


My tips to everyone is, do not be scared to try out new things in your life. You will never know unless you try, right? Do not bother the negative comments that everyone said behind you. They are behind for a reason. As long as what you are doing does not harm the others, and as along as it makes you happy, then go on. :)

See you until my next post ❤

Follow me on instagram:
vania_irene



Comments

  1. cute and stylist

    http://www.tipps-von-evelyn.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWEEE VANIA>,< So cute!! The bangs<333 You look like a living doll>,<
    I'm your blog follower since 2014 and I think you improved quite a lot:D

    Yea, My classmates made fun of me everytime I post my outfit shots to instagram, they always 'sindir' me like "Oooh rafa mah yang fashun itu lohhh" well It's still ok but sometimes boys in class just "Gaya lo itu alay tau ga dan cowok ga suka liat cewek gaya gitu" and I just like 'wtf dude' :)) At first, my friends seem hard to accept the way I dress, but by the time goes, they just let me be myself, because I'm happier that way! And look! By keeping being myself, I found new friends (irl and in internet) that shares passion for fashion!:D
    I also get asked about fashion quite a lot from people around me, and it makes me happy, you know...when someone noticed your efforts...It makes you happy, rite?:D

    Btw, Nautical style is reeeally cute<3333

    Adventure of P-Chaaan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aawww thank you! This comment seriously made my day <3 It's because of a reader like you that keeps me going <3 Never bother their words because we dress up to please ourselves, not them :P Once again, thank you for the endless supports ❤️

      Delete
  3. you're so pretty and cuteeee i lovee your outfit so much :)
    would you like to follow each other? let me know :)

    http://sonya-thaniya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading this post! Your outfit is so pretty <3
    hm...can I give you suggestion? How about make your photos bigger? Hehe :)
    If you don't mind, let's follow each other :D let me know!

    Big Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute outfit! Love how you mix the red and black stripes :3

    www.nanarinne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so stunning! And your outfit looks so cute! Good job!

    All the love, Eiren. :) xx
    http://pastelavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving your outwears :)

    OLLYVIA LAURA | INDONESIAN STYLE, TRAVEL & BEAUTY BLOGGER |
    NEW POST : The Reasons Why We Can't
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute look, love love the shoes!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  9. blogging can expose you to so many new experiences, some good and some bad, and that's exactly the beauty of it! i'm glad you survived the negativity. people will always talk and some people will always use your flaws against you but you can ignore them, or better yet, use them to your advantage. in any event, i'm sure fellow bloggers who have experienced what you go through as a blogger will always have your back :) btw, cute outfit! those shoes look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and leaving a sweet comments on my blog <3 :)

Popular posts from this blog

China Travel Diary: Day 7

Hello everyone. I am glad that I finally got my wifi back, which means that I am finally able to write through my laptop. I had been writing through my phone, and it was very inconvenient. So here it is! The 2nd day of my trip in Beijing!  It was a very cold day. It was -2 degrees in the morning. I don't post so much photos in this post because I could barely move during that day. I was not able to took off my gloves and took picture. I know I am able to took it with my gloves on, but my gloves was too thick and slippery, and taking off the gloves would mean that I am torturing myself with the cold. I also don't really take much photos of myself there, because, well... It was so cold that my whole body feel numb, especially my nose, and I could not even feel that there were unstoppable snots coming out of my nose. lol. My nose also turns red, like a Rudolph. So all of you must promise me that you will not laugh when seeing my face in thi

Black and White

Hello everyone, I am really sorry for the super duper long hiatus, I know that I have promised all of you that I will post a lot in this holiday. I actually went out to so many malls this holiday, but since my parents told me that we were going to Singapore, so I decided to save all of my good clothes and took a photoshoot there, as there would be sooo many good spots in Singapore. So hereee it is. I took these photos at Marina Bay Sands Sky Park. I was actually telling my mom something and pointed at it, but she took this photo lol. And those who had leave a veryyy nice comments on my blog, thank you a lot! I really appreciate it, and I am really sorry that I can't reply them one by one. I loveeee youuuu readerssssss! <3 Had a tea time at ION Sky restaurant! Bershka top Stradivarius skirt Topshop lace socks Vans shoes Lady Dior Mini bag Follow me on instagram: vania_irene See you on my next post!

Bittersweet

Hello everyone! Happy friendship day! When I say the word 'friendship', what pops out in your mind? For me, friendship is not about the person you've known the longest, but it is who come, and never leave. I don't really have a lot of friends, I must admit. But I have a few super close one!!! For me, it is more important to have a few close and real one, rather than a lot but fake. :) These friends have seen my bad and good sides. They've seen my true colours, and accept all of my imperfections. They accept me whoever I am. To all of my friend who's reading this, thank you so much for being my friend. You will never know how grateful I am to have you in my life. I know that later, we will go into a different paths in our life, and I do believe that there is good bye in every hello. BUT, I will never forget all the good deeds that you've done for me! Thank you so much for filling my present life with happiness! Love you ;) Cotton On d