Skip to main content

Self-Love




Many people are struggling with self-love. Do not feel lonely, because I, too, have been struggling with self love. Yes, it's true that some days are darker than the others, but it does not mean that the sun will never come out again. Therefore, I will turn this post into an open letter to everyone who has been struggling with self-love. 

There will be days when you are just sitting there at the rock bottom and pick up every flaws that you have, and that is okay. There will also days when you just shine brighter than the sun, feeling good about yourself, and that is also okay. We are not forced to become emotionless. We are allowed to feel, and that is part of being human. Self-love does not come from other people's assurance or compliments. It comes from yourself. It comes from your ability to see and embrace the positives, but also allowing yourself to listen and accept the negatives. 

You may not like every part of you, whether it is your looks, personality, or body. And that is okay. We are human beings and we keep on changing, and transforming. Whether we are having a 2 steps forward or a 10 steps backward, as long as you are feeding yourself with self-love along the journey, there is nothing wrong with changes. 

Appreciate yourself more, because a progress is still a progress, whether it is big or small. A progress is never linear, and there is nothing wrong in falling down during the journey. Keep on loving yourself, and stop putting the blame on yourself. Do not forget to reward your small victories. 

Follow your heart, and your feelings. You may not know how successful you will be in the next 5 years, what car will you drive, where will you live, and what will you do, and that is okay. But remember to always listen to your own heart and trust your own abilities and decisions, because nobody knows you better than yourself. Wake up everyday with a purpose, and strive hard to reach your dreams. 

And the most difficult thing is, forgive yourself. Learn to forgive yourself, without regret, without failure, during the good, and the bad times. We are human and we make mistakes. Remember that failure is also a part of growing up.

Loving yourself can be difficult sometimes. Or maybe, most of the time. Nevertheless, keep your chin up and keep on rising. It is always okay to be yourself fully. Nothing in this world is permanent, and it takes time to see the beauty in changes. Develop your goal and purpose, and don't forget to live yourself to the fullest. 

Lastly, always remember this cliché sayings: Life is too short to spend another war with yourself
Therefore, from now on, smile more, laugh more, do not overthink, and start living your life fully :)


**P.S: Writing this is a bit difficult for me because of the emotions that I felt, and as I am writing, I feel like I am pointing at myself. However, it is always nice to remind everyone who has the same struggles as me that they are not alone, and let me make this post as a reminder for myself, and for all of you who are feeling the same way as I am :) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

China Travel Diary: Day 7

Hello everyone. I am glad that I finally got my wifi back, which means that I am finally able to write through my laptop. I had been writing through my phone, and it was very inconvenient. So here it is! The 2nd day of my trip in Beijing!  It was a very cold day. It was -2 degrees in the morning. I don't post so much photos in this post because I could barely move during that day. I was not able to took off my gloves and took picture. I know I am able to took it with my gloves on, but my gloves was too thick and slippery, and taking off the gloves would mean that I am torturing myself with the cold. I also don't really take much photos of myself there, because, well... It was so cold that my whole body feel numb, especially my nose, and I could not even feel that there were unstoppable snots coming out of my nose. lol. My nose also turns red, like a Rudolph. So all of you must promise me that you will not laugh when seeing my face in thi

China Travel Diary: Day 4

So in that day, we started exploring Hang zhou. Hang zhou is a beautiful city in the capital of Zhejiang province. The city's West Lake is its best-known attraction.  We started our day by going to the West Lake (in chinese: 西湖,xī hú), which is a freshwater lake in Hangzhou. Numerous temples, pagodas, gardens, and artificial islands are found within the lake. This lake was made as a UNESCO heritage sites in 2011. I took a boat, to stroll around the lake The view from my boat From the lake, we went to the Yue Fei temple which is located near the lake. This temple was built in honour of Yue Fei, a general of the Southern Song Dynasty who fought against the Jurchen Jin Dynasty during the Jin-song wars.  Me in front of the statue of Yue Fei  This is the statues of Lady Wang and Qin hui  And this is the statues of Moqi Xie and Zhang Jun. This is the Kneeling Iron statues. So basically, there was a long history for this incident. A novel about this incident, titled Dong Chuang Ji ( 東窗記;

Bittersweet

Hello everyone! Happy friendship day! When I say the word 'friendship', what pops out in your mind? For me, friendship is not about the person you've known the longest, but it is who come, and never leave. I don't really have a lot of friends, I must admit. But I have a few super close one!!! For me, it is more important to have a few close and real one, rather than a lot but fake. :) These friends have seen my bad and good sides. They've seen my true colours, and accept all of my imperfections. They accept me whoever I am. To all of my friend who's reading this, thank you so much for being my friend. You will never know how grateful I am to have you in my life. I know that later, we will go into a different paths in our life, and I do believe that there is good bye in every hello. BUT, I will never forget all the good deeds that you've done for me! Thank you so much for filling my present life with happiness! Love you ;) Cotton On d